Followers

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


Apparently Baby Dumonster  has a MAJOR sweet tooth because I can't get enough of cookies, cakes, pies (oh my!). I'm not going to lie my sweet tooth was bad before I was prego, but now when I want something sweet I HAVE to have it.  So being fully aware of  this uncontrollable craving I purposely didn't buy any sweets at the grocery thinking that would deter my cravings (duh!). Well I was wrong, because I immediately had a craving after dinner for something sweet.  After 30 seconds of staying strong, I stormed up from my couch and went to my  cookbooks on a mission to find the fastest and easiest thing I could make.  And there staring back at me was my saving grace, an oldie but goodie...Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. Both my mom and I use the same Quaker Oats recipe and they come out perfect every time...enjoy!

Quaker Oats: Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

(makes 4 dozen)

1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tbsp butter softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/ teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups of Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup of raisins

1. Heat oven to 350. In large bow, beat butter and sugars (brown and granulated) on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
2.Add eggs and vanilla; beat well
3. Add combined flour, baking soda, Cinnamon and salt, mix well.
4. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack and cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment